Enchantment Resort Press Releases
Sprintime Activities Roundup
For More Information:
Babs Harrison | Director of Communications | Enchantment Group
firstname.lastname@example.org | 480-264-3004
Springtime Activities Roundup at Enchantment Resort
SEDONA, Ariz. (March 2015) – Spring is one of the most beautiful times of the year to visit Enchantment, when the canyon is in full bloom. The new Spring Activities calendar offers more than 100 activities weekly for guests to enjoy, from culinary demonstrations and wine tasting to fitness programs, art classes and Native American experiences. Many activities move outside with seasonal offerings such as Aqua Fitness at the Mii amo pool and family yoga on the lawn. Read on for what’s new this season.
· A new clubhouse debuts at Seven Canyons golf club this spring. Outfitted with reclaimed antique wood beams, distressed leather and native stone, the space includes a restaurant and bar with extensive patios and large windows overlooking the lush greens. A gastro-pub theme will offer upscale comfort food in a sophisticated and contemporary atmosphere. The bar will feature an extensive library of bourbons for tasting flights and classic cocktails with a twist.
· Guests may partake in twice-weekly, 60-minute golf clinics at Seven Canyons. See the beautiful course and improve your game. Topics rotate weekly and include chipping and putting, pitching and sand, full swing and ingredients of power.
· New fitness classes this season: Power of One leads guests on a circuit of walking one mile, jogging one mile, holding for one minute and wall-sitting for one minute. Yoga Acrobatics combines asanas with acrobatics for a playful workout that builds trust and strength. Returning for the spring season is All Ages Yoga, a form of gentle yoga with stretching, done outdoors and well-suited to a group or family; and Aqua Fitness, a fun class in the Mii amo pool using flotation equipment to build strength and flexibility.
· New workshops: Mii amo offers an ongoing series of evening talks led by Mii amo experts. New topics added to the schedule are: Power of Touch, Gemstones & Crystals, Color My World, Stress Management, and Learn to Meditate.
· Wednesday Wellness lectures: a new series of informative talks held each Wednesday afternoon. Topics include GMOs, super foods, breathing techniques to decrease stress, journal writing, benefits of stretching, and mindful eating.
· Guided hikes are offered daily, and guests have access directly from the resort to the Boynton Canyon Trail for self-guided hikes. But for those wanting something more, there are new, themed hikes: Full Moon Hike: experience the red rocks illuminated by the full moon; Natural History Hike: Learn about native flora, fauna and the geology of the red rocks from a naturalist guide; Sunset PhotographyTour: Capture Sedona’s sunset at key areas and receive instruction on light and composition.
· Women’s Mountain Biking: exclusively for women, taught by women. “Diamonds in the Rough” was created at the request of female guests who felt the morning mountain bike excursions were too strenuous. This two-hour class teaches the basics. “Exclusive Ladies Biking Adventure” takes intermediate and advanced female riders on a scenic trail ride of several hours duration.
· New menu debuts at the casual Tii Gavo featuring tacos, grilled meats, artisan sodas, craft beer and one of the largest selections of Arizona wine.
· Custom Culinary: customized in-room dining experiences for those guests who want to dine in the privacy of their casa or hacienda, but want something more than room service. Be it cooking classes for the kids, a romantic dinner for two under the stars, or a barbecue for friends, our Chef will design something memorable.
· The Pool Bar at the Clubhouse main pool is now open. Enjoy a special menu, beverages and poolside surprises throughout the day.
· Spring Break 2015: special activities scheduled March 14 – April 22 include Bird Watching Walk led by an Arizona Audubon Society member; Wildlife Photography; Kids Gardening Class; Sketching from Nature, a class with our resident artist Paul Kessel; and Wolf Week featuring talks on the Mexican Gray Wolf, and an appearance by an ‘ambassador’ wolf.
· Camp Coyote: The children’s program shifts to more outdoor activities, water games and tennis.
# # #
About Enchantment Resort
Enchantment Resort, part of the Enchantment Group portfolio of award-winning properties, is situated in Sedona's breathtaking Boynton Canyon. The 70-acre resort hosts 218 guest rooms with private decks boasting panoramic views of the red rock canyon. A centrally located clubhouse offers several distinct indoor and outdoor dining experiences, a seasonal pool grill, tennis courts and a boutique. More than 100 weekly activities are available to guests, including guided hiking and mountain biking excursions, and fitness, culinary and art classes. Guests enjoy exclusive access to life-affirming treatments at the world-renowned destination spa, Mii amo, and golf at the Tom Weiskopf-designed Seven Canyons golf club. For more information or reservations, please visit www.enchantmentresort.com or call 888.795.7758.
About Mii amo
Mii amo promotes wellness and personal transformation through mind, body and spiritual therapies. The name signifies “to continue one’s path, moving forward, or journey” in Yuman, a Native American dialect. Opened in 2001, the 24,000-square-foot destination spa in Sedona, Arizona was designed by Gluckman Mayner Architects to harmonize with the Native American aesthetic and the surrounding red rock Boynton Canyon, both integral to the Mii amo experience. The intimate Mii amo spa village, where destination spa guests stay on three-, four- and seven-night all-inclusive packages, features 16 guest rooms including the Mii amo Luxury Suite with private treatment room and outdoor fireplace, whirlpool and shower. Many of the spa’s 18 treatment rooms have views of the canyon and there are five additional,outdoor treatment areas including a dedicated Watsu pool. Amenities include indoor and outdoor pools, library, retail boutique and the 80-seat Mii amo cafe. Mii amo, part of the Enchantment Group portfolio of award-winning properties, was named “world's best destination spa” by Travel + Leisure and “best destination spa in North America” by Conde Nast Traveler. For more information, please visit www.miiamo.com or call 888.774.1426.
About Enchantment Group
Enchantment Group focuses on developing and managing all aspects of hotels, resorts, spas and communities. Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Enchantment Group provides highly personalized branded or customized resort and spa development and management services in ways that maximize performance and return on investment. Award-winning properties managed by Enchantment Group include Mii amo, Enchantment Resort, and Seven Canyons, all in Sedona, Arizona; and the Tides Inn and Golden Eagle Golf Club in Irvington, Virginia. Enchantment Group is part of Montreal-based
Dundee | 360 Real Estate Corporation, a real estate and hotel development company.